With interest in and creation of outpatient-based labs and facilities—frequently called simply “OBLs”—the Society for Vascular Surgery and its Section on Outpatient and Office Vascular Care (SOOVC) will hold a special OBL session on Thursday at VAM.
“The OBL: Embracing the growth in outpatient vascular care” will be from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Thursday, in Room 2 of the San Diego Convention Center. Moderators are Robert Molnar, MD, and Clifford Sales, MD, section chair and vice chair of the SOOVC Executive Committee, respectively.
- How OBLs fulfill a need for quality outpatient vascular care
- Starting an OBL
- Financial projections
- Coding and advocacy information
- Best practices and appropriateness of use
- Cases to avoid
- An OBL in an academic practice center
- The OBL-ambulatory surgery center hybrid
- An update on the SVS’ verification program for inpatient and outpatient facilities, now in the final stages of piloting
From 5:30 to 6 p.m., the focus will shift to the Excellence in Community Service Awards Ceremony. The three recipients from 2020, plus this year’s awardees, all will be honored.
The three recipients from 2020—Krishna Jain, MD, Russell Samson, MD, and William Shutze, MD—plus this year’s awardees, all will be honored.