Sept. 4 to 10 is Vascular Nurses Week. It’s the perfect opportunity for Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS) members to “give the gift of dual membership” to both SVS and the Society for Vascular Nursing (SVN) to their vascular nurses.
The SVN has made its management home with the Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS) since 2017. All Active SVN members automatically receive affiliate SVS membership as part of their dues. This permits these vascular nurses to receive SVS communications and e-newsletters, discounts on the Journal of Vascular Surgery and SVS meetings, the SVS job board and the SVN and SVS online communities on SVSConnect.
It’s two memberships for the price of one. And it’s as simple as filling out a form, at vascular.org/GiveSVNmembership.
“We celebrate vascular nurses throughout the year, but especially during Vascular Nurses Week,” said SVS President Michael Dalsing, MD. “This week celebrates the commitment and dedication that vascular nurses display every day on behalf of their patients, who are our patients. They are invaluable to the vascular surgery world.”
All members who give this gift will be recognized. A group discount of 10% is available for those who give four dual memberships.
Dalsing urged his fellow members to provide memberships—annual dues are just $150—to the nurses who work in their practices. “SVS members know the value of their memberships: the discounts on education, the chance to talk with others in the profession, the camaraderie that comes with shared purpose. Give that to your vascular nurses, to help enhance their skills and careers.”
Incoming SVN President Kristen Alix, RN, said, “I joined as a novice bedside nurse, only expecting to glean knowledge of the vascular patient. There was that and so much more. SVN gives the ability to network with national nursing leaders, provides expert content and encourages individual professional growth. I never thought I would lecture on a national stage, be a part of a Board of Directors, or add to vascular education and research. It is so much more than a society; it is a network of friends with a shared passion.”
Beyond SVS communications and other discounts, the benefits of SVN Active membership include:
- A subscription to the Journal of Vascular Nursing, the leading resource for vascular health research and news
- Educational conferences tailored to individual needs, including member-exclusive discounts on registration
- Discounts on the ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) cardiac/vascular certification
- Annual award program recognizing excellence in education, research, practice, and service to the Society
- Clinical and patient education resources
- Quarterly virtual roundtable discussions
- Opportunities for leadership through task forces and committees, and mentorship through the SVN Mentor Match program
- The SVSConnect online communities
Visit vascular.org/GiveSVNmembership to learn more and take advantage of the special offer.